Cinema Tycoon is about cinema business as you might guess from its name. This game makes you a cinema manager beginning a promising career and who has to learn a lot about it. You’re going to take care of all kind of tasks related to cinemas. As you learn and progress in your managing skills you will access to higher difficulty levels and different locations.
Your goal is to earn cash and outsmart your competition to become the next Megaplex Mogul. To do so, you will have to buy upgrades, set prices, manage your snack bar, hype your Cinema, train your staff, and much more. It is recommended to play the tutorial, which offers a quick, step-by-step walk through the basics and will start automatically the first time you play Mogul game..
Cinema Tycoon has three different game modes:
- Mogul: Bank $1 million in cash as quickly as possible.
- Megaplex Star: Build 8 screens as quickly as possible.
- Cinema Czar: Work your way up the ranks to Cinema Czar.
Initially, only Mogul is available. You can try the others after you are promoted to Junior Manager. Depending on the mode you are playing, you have to choose a good strategy in order to win. You can build your Cinema in one of three locations: Suburbs (easy), Warehouse (medium) and Downtown (advanced). Once you win a game in the suburbs, you can try warehouse. And once you complete that, you can try downtown.
When you enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and then you’ll see the welcome screen with the following options:
- Change Player: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Mogul: this option leads you to the tutorial the first time you play. If you want you can skip it and get to the real game. You’ll be seeing some on-screen tips as you play the first time.
- Megaplex Star: another mode to play the game, locked until you are promoted to Junior Manager.
- Cinema Czar: another mode to play the game, locked until you are promoted to Junior Manager.
- Tutorial: to play the tutorial and learn the basics.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like: sound effects volume, music volume, mute sounds (on/off), and full screen (on/off).
- Help: this option leads you to two pages help information.
- Sound and Exit: no further explanation required.
Once you are playing, you can press the MENU button on the screen to pause the game, start a new game, go to the options menu, back to game, access help information, or go back to the main menu.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the systems requirements, here you have a list to check out:
- Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: PIII 800 MHz
- 128 MB RAM
- Free hard drive space: 15 MB
- 8-bits Video Card DirectX
- 16-bits Sound Card